In some situations, installing more than one SPAN Panel may be required to accommodate your needs:
- Larger homes with many circuits (more than 32)*
- Larger homes with 400 Amp utility service or larger
- Users with multiple properties
* Traditional “dumb” subpanels may be connected to SPAN via the 200 Amp rated subfeed lugs or to a 90 Amp branch circuit. SPAN supports tandem and quad style circuit breakers. When circuits are grouped on tandem breakers or in subpanels, control and monitoring are combined in the SPAN Home App for these circuits.
Considerations for multiple SPAN Panels:
We’re excited to build out additional functionality for customers with multiple SPAN Panels via free over-the-air updates. In the current software version, we offer the following functionality:
- Each SPAN Panel will report data separately within the SPAN Home App.
- Circuits from individual SPAN Panels are not able to be mixed into groups.
- A single battery storage can be connected to only one SPAN Panel. We recommend locating all essential backup loads on the backed-up SPAN Panel. SPAN Support is happy to provide installation recommendations for this configuration.
- Alexa can only be linked to one SPAN Panel.
- SPAN subpanels will be shown as a single Area.
- You will be prompted to follow the onboarding process for your first SPAN Panel
- You will then be prompted to set up each additional SPAN Panel
- Access SPAN Panels via a drop-down menu at the top of your SPAN Home App Homepage.
- If other members in your home need access to other SPAN Panels, you will need to share each SPAN Panel with them