Depending on your home and your service needs, you may need more than one SPAN Panel: What if I need more than one SPAN Panel?
Having multiple SPAN Panels in your home will allow you to install more than 32 breakers, or increase your service above 200A, but there are some limitations with multiple Panels:
- Each SPAN Panel will report data separately within the SPAN Home App.
- Circuits from individual SPAN Panels are not able to be mixed into groups.
- A single battery storage can be connected to only one SPAN Panel. We recommend locating all essential backup loads on the backed-up SPAN Panel. SPAN Support is happy to provide installation recommendations for this configuration.
- Alexa can only be linked to one SPAN Panel.
- SPAN subpanels will be shown as a single Area.
Because of some of these limitations, you will need to switch between each of the Panels using your SPAN Home app. This will allow you to view energy insights and power flows for each Panel individually, and turn the circuits in each Panel off or on. Today, it is not possible to view whole home consumption in a single place.
Switching between Panels using the Home App
1. Click Settings on the bottom right corner.
2. Click Switch Panel on the white menu.
3. Select the panel you would like to view from the list.