SPAN communicates with your Battery System through a wired communication cable. In some cases (especially when this communication cabling is not complete), your Battery System may lose its communication connection to SPAN causing the above alert.
If this happens:
- The Battery and Solar System will continue to operate.
- The SPAN Panel and SPAN Home App have lost communication with your Battery and Solar System.
- You may lose visibility of your Solar and Battery reporting in SPAN until the connection is restored.
- All load-shedding features relying on your Backup Priorities will not be active. SPAN will see a loss of power as a grid outage without battery backup.
- Your Battery will still maintain power to your home, but you will need to turn any Circuits off that you do not want to be backed up.
Before contacting SPAN Support for assistance, please try the following troubleshooting steps that may help revive the connection between SPAN and your Battery System.
- Open the front cover of your Tesla Energy Gateway (TEG) and locate the Reset Button (inside of a hole in the upper half of the TEG). For troubleshooting assistance with locating and resetting your TEG, see Tesla's Support Page
- You will need to find a pen or screwdriver to press the Reset Button and hold for 10 seconds.
- Once this is done, fully close your SPAN Home App. Wait a few minutes and reopen the App. You should see the connection between SPAN and your Battery System restored.
If you do not see a return to your Battery Connection after restarting your TEG, please contact SPAN Support.