If you notice a circuit has no power, but the SPAN Home app says it's on, this is likely an indication that the physical breaker in the SPAN Panel has been tripped.
The SPAN Home app does not currently send a notification when a breaker has tripped. The Home App circuit controls are not impacted when this occurs, so the circuit will appear to be powered on even when power has been lost.
This is because SPAN does not physically interact with the breaker. The Panel will open or close relays behind the breakers based on whether the system is on grid or not. SPAN itself does not control the physical breaker in the Panel.
- Toggle the circuit in the SPAN Home app.
- Check the physical breaker in the Panel to see if it has tripped. Reset the physical breaker in the Panel (from completely "on" position to completely "off" position and back to completely "on" position).
- Check for any tripped GFCI outlets on the circuit that may need to be reset. When a GFCI outlet trips, it quickly disconnects the current flowing through an unintended ground path even if the amount of current is too small to trip a typical circuit breaker. Pressing the reset button may resolve the issue.
- First, unplug any appliances plugged into the same circuit as the GFCI.
- To reset a GFCI outlet, look carefully at the two little buttons on the front of the outlet. Press the one that says RESET.
- Usually, the RESET button is red, while the TEST button is black.
- Use the Emergency Reconnect function in the SPAN Home App to turn on all circuits in the Panel.
- If you use Alexa at your home, check your SPAN app feed to see if Alexa has been told to turn off this circuit.
If the breaker is not tripped, and you have completed the above troubleshooting steps, please contact SPAN Support and provide the Panel serial number and the affected circuit number(s).
You can also file a bug or share feedback in the Home app. Bugs and feedback filed through this process go directly to our product team and can help identify and resolve unexpected behavior in the SPAN Home app. We appreciate the feedback.